4 days / 3 nights
Through The Rift Valley (SERENA)
This is a short but extremely rewarding safari as it allows visitors to gain a firsthand experience of the Great Rift Valley and the vast game-rich plains of the Masai Mara. The Rift Valley lakes are famous for their abundance of flamingos and other waterfowl, while Masai Mara is home to the country’s greatest concentration of wildlife.
- Meet and greet services
- Airport Arrival Transfers in safari minibus or mini coach on shared basis
- All transport and game drives on safari sector will be in a 4x4 vehicle with pop-up roof (maximum 7 passengers) with an English / Bilingual (French, German, Italian or Spanish) speaking driver-guide on shared basis
- Guaranteed window seat
- Meals and accommodation as specified
- All park fees and government taxes
- Mineral Water on game drives
- Visas and international flights
- Airport taxes (clients pay direct)
- Driver-guide gratuities
- Drinks, dining rooms tips, porterage
- Personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature
- Balloon Safari
Travel towards Kenya's fertile highlands and head down the rift escarpment on the road built by Italian prisoners of war during World War II. On the way spot the charming chapel built at the foot of the escarpment. Pass the impressive Longonot earth satellite station as you head across the valley to Narok; continue your travels across acres of wheat and barley, before reaching the Masai Mara in time for lunch. Following lunch set off on your first game drive, returning to the lodge as the sun sets.
Overnight at Mara Serena Safari Lodge on a full board basis.
Mara Serena Safari Lodge
A masterful interpretation of a traditional Masai village, Mara Serena Lodge seemingly floats on a sea of savannah. A beautiful pool looks out over the wide plains. The rooms are Masai-influenced in style yet extremely comfortable. The main dining room, where delicious meals are served, has three large domes and three small ones depicting Masai manyattas (villages). Occasionally an African al fresco barbecue is served by the pool overlooking the Mara plains. Fresh fruit juices and cocktails, wines, spirits or liqueurs are available at the bar until late in the evening. At Serena, the views are stunning. It is on this very terrain, stretching endlessly before the lodge, that the annual migrations take place. Millions of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle pass through on their way to and from their alternative feeding grounds in Tanzania.
Following an early breakfast, depart on a morning game drive, returning to the camp mid-morning. After lunch, and perhaps a siesta, set off on another game drive and visit to the Masai Village, returning to the lodge as the sunsets. (It is possible to pre-book an optional early morning Balloon Safari)
Overnight at Mara Serena Lodge on a full board basis.
Added value Mara Serena Hippo Pool Breakfast – (not available to clients doing a Balloon Safari – instead they will have a Bush breakfast as part of the Balloon Experience)
Crown your game viewing experience in the Mara with a “Bush Breakfast” by the Mara River Hippo Pools! One cannot resist the charming “Jambo” from the chefs and Masai warriors as they welcome you to our wonderfully set breakfast buffet of cold cuts, fruits, cereals and hot dishes with eggs made to your specifications as you wait. The hippos keep you company and only say “Kwaheri” (good bye) after you have had enough.
Leaving the Masai Mara after breakfast travel across the ‘breadbasket’ of Kenya, where acres of wheat and barley litter the landscape as you head north to Narok, the district headquarters of this part of Maasailand. Now travel across the vast plains on the floor of the Rift Valley, stop enroute for a picnic lunch. Keeping an eye out for herds of giraffe and gazelle as you head up the Mai -Mahiu, before arriving Lake Nakuru National Park for a game drive. The national park, known for its birdlife, offers a possibility to view flamingoes. It is also home to Black and White rhinos as well as the endangered Rothschild Giraffe. Late afternoon continue to your camp situated in Soysambu Conservancy.
Overnight at Lake Elementaita Serena Camp on a full board basis.
Following an early breakfast, and an escorted Bird walk, leave the Rift Valley behind and proceed to Nairobi. Once in the city, clients will be dropped off at the drop off point in the city center for ongoing travel arrangements.
- Above rates are subject to availability.
- Cancellation charges as per company policy.
- The above rates are subject to change in case of travel during the festive season
- In case we are not able to provide the same hotels as mentioned, then we shall provide similar alternate properties, change in the cost if any will be advised.
- In case of Political Unrest, bad weather or sudden breakdown of the vessel we may shift guest to alternative govt ferry and no refund will be entertained during that situation.
- Our Executive may change your itinerary depending on the weather condition and ferry availability same will be update to you daily basis.