2 days / 1 nights
South Coast of Iceland, Ice Cave and Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- Entrance fee
- national park
- Bed and breakfast
- Glacier equipment
- Minibus transport
- Baggage insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Departure airport transfer
- Travel insurance
- Medical insurance
- Arrival airport transfer
- Any additional expenses which are not included or detailed in the programme.
The Grand South Coast & Northern Lights
The day starts at 9am with pick up from Reykjavík. After everyone has been picked up we start our journey towards the well known south coast of Iceland. We drive towards the slowly rising sun on the way to our first stop, Seljalandsfoss waterfall. the waterfall is unique as you can actually walk behind it and it's well worth getting a little damp for such an exciting experience. Next up is Skógafoss waterfall, located right by the famous volcano Eyjafjallajökull. On a clear day you will have a great view of both Eyjafjallajökull and another volcanic mountain located underneath Mýrdalsjökull glacier. As we continue our journey of the south coast, our next stop will be Reynisfjara black sand beach. Reynisfjara has some fantastic sights such as basalt column formations and Reynisdrangar peaks. Driving towards our accommodation for the night, we will drive through Vík coastal village. The hotel for the night will be located in the Skaftafell National Park area. You will be located in an ideal area for spotting the Northern Lights in the evening, if conditions allow. Overnight in a country hotel in the Skaftafell area.
Land of Ice
Waking up in the country side of Iceland, get ready to exerience the land of Ice to the fullest. You will get up close and personal with a vast glacial tongue of the great Vatnajökull glacier, the biggest glacier cap in Europe. We set out to visit the renowned Jökulsárlón Glacier lagoon, as seen in several movies such as Batman Begins and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. This is trouly a picturesque location so be sure to bring your camera with you. Splendid icebergs of amazing shape, jostling one another in the huge lagoon before going on their journey to the Atlantic ocean. Many of the ice bergs wash onto the nearby Diamond Beach, where you will see them glittering like diamonds, as they rest on the black sand beach. Next you will go on and into the glacier along with a qualified guide. New ice caves are formed every winter after the glacier starts it's cycle of freezing again with the ever changing weather. The visit to the ice cave will be yet another picturesque moment and will give a great opportunity to capture the blue ligth which passes through the glacial ice. After visiting the ice cave we head towards Reykjavík again. We will stop at Skaftafell Nature Reserve located in Vatnajökull National Park, a green area in the midst of mountains and glacier peaks. On the way back to the city, keep an eye out for the northern Lights. you will arrive in Reykjavík at approximately 9pm.
Hotel Geirland or Similar or similar
- Above rates are subject to availability.
- Cancellation charges as per company policy.
- The above rates are subject to change in case of travel during the festive season
- In case we are not able to provide the same hotels as mentioned, then we shall provide similar alternate properties, change in the cost if any will be advised.
- In case of Political Unrest, bad weather or sudden breakdown of the vessel we may shift guest to alternative govt ferry and no refund will be entertained during that situation.
- Our Executive may change your itinerary depending on the weather condition and ferry availability same will be update to you daily basis.