7 days / 6 nights
South Africa Safari Tour 2020
Cango Caves Heritage Tour
The Safari Ostrich Farm Tour
Bloukrans Bridge Bungy Tour (Bridge Walk)
- 1 Nights’ accommodation at La Plume Guest House on a BB basis
- 2 Nights’ accommodation at Knysna Log Inn on a BB basis
- 1 Nights’ accommodation at Garden Route Game Lodge on a DBB basis
- 1 Nights’ accommodation at Misty Waves Hotel on a BB basis
- Entrance fees to sightseeing venues as stated in the itinerary above
- Transport in private touring vehicles
- Local English speaking driver/guide on all transfers and sightseeing excursions
- Air Tickets (International / Domestic)
- Visa and Insurance
- Hotel Taxes
- Suggested optional activities/ tours if any.
- Any meals / snacks other than mentioned in the itinerary
- Camera Fee and any other entertainment charges
- Tips of any kind – Guides, Driver, Cruise Crew, etc.
- Portages at airport
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, Telephone etc
- Beverages of any kind
Arrival George Airport and Transfer to Oudshoorn
Upon your arrival at George Airport you will be met and transferred to Oudshoorn
La Plume Boutique Guest House is on a working ostrich, alfalfa and cattle farm and has the most inspiring views of the Swartberg Mountains. The guest house itself is a charming 1902 Victorian Homestead that exudes an old world elegance and grace. The owner of La Plume has poured her passion and creativity into the decor of this beautiful guesthouse and is evident in the antiques that adorn the property. English style buffet breakfasts are a great way to start the day and dinners are held in the candlelit dining room where traditional home-cooked cuisine is served. Every detail at La Plume Boutique Guest House has been lovingly tended too, creating a property that will envelop you in luxury.
Oudshoorn Sightseeing and transfer to Knysna
Today you will depart your hotel for a full day Oudshoorn and later depart to Knysna for your overnight.
Cango Caves Heritage Tour
Oudtshoorn’s famous Cango Caves can be explored on a guided tour (all guides are accredited) and is one of Africa’s most spectacular natural formations with vast caverns, beautiful, delicate and sometimes majestic stalagmites and stalactites and dripstone caverns. Some of these formations have quirky names that include 'glass flower fantasy' and 'weird cango candle'. The Cango Caves have been formed over millions of years to create this enchanting subterranean world. Duck, crawl and manoeuvre your way through this limestone wonderland. It is one of the Garden Route's most beautiful attractions.
The Safari Ostrich Farm was established in 1956 in the ostrich capital of the world, Oudsthoorn. Oudsthoorn finds itself along the celebrated Garden Route region, where natural beauty is simply awe-inspiring. At the farm, you can engage in tours that will show the inner workings of an ostrich farm. It has two onsite restaurants that serve delicious home-made fair and all meals are enjoyed in a serene garden setting. The Safari Ostrich Farm also offers a shop that sells a wide range of elegant and well-crafted ostrich leather products including handbags, ladies purses, belts and wallets.
Free Day - Leisure in Knysna
After breakfast, spending the day at leisure
Today you will visit Tsitsikamma National Park , you will enjoy a walk over the suspension Bridge and later enjoy a cruise on the Knysna waters.
Bloukrans Bridge Bungy Tour (Bridge Walk).
The Bloukrans Bungy is the world’s highest commercial bungy bridge, it also boasts being the highest commercial natural bungy jump in the world. It is a sought after South African adventure experience and has attracted even the most famous adrenaline junkies from Prince Harry to Kelly Slater. The bridge is on the border of the Western and Eastern Cape and is 216 metres and you plunge yourself into the gorge below. This is not for the faint of heart but with a one hundred percent safety record, it is a tick off the bucket list even for the most timid. The jump is in one of the most beautiful wilderness areas and provides spectacular scenery while you get the adrenaline pumping.
MV John Benn Cruise
The John Benn is a beautiful double-decker floating restaurant that offers daily lagoon cruises to the Knysna Heads. This verdant part of South Africa is strikingly stunning and what better way to experience it then on serene lagoon waters? There are two full bars on board and an optional a la carte and tapas menu that includes the fresh and famous Knysna oysters. This full enclosed luxury ferry has been constructed from Yellowwood that was sourced from the Knysna Forest. The John Benn Ferry is about joviality, good food and wine and scenery that leaves you in awe.
Oudshoorn to Garden Route Game Lodge
Today you will depart Oudshoorn to Garden Route Game Lodge.
Overnight at Garden Route Game Lodge in a Lodge Room on a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast plus 2 Activities basis (Includes: Breakfast, dinner, one morning and one evening game drive and guided tour of Reptile Encounters)
Oudshoorn - Hermanus
Today you will depart to Hermanus and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure
Overnight at Misty Waves Hotel in a Partial Sea Facing Suite (Annex Building) on a Bed and Breakfast basis.
Hermanus to Cape Town Airport
Today you will depart your hotel to Cape Town International Airport for your flight back - flight cost excluded.
End of services.
Garden Route Game Lodge or Similar, Knysna Log Inn or Similar, Misty Waves Hotel or Similar or similar
MV John Benn Cruise or similar
La Plume Guest House or Similar or similar
- Above rates are subject to availability.
- Cancellation charges as per company policy.
- The above rates are subject to change in case of travel during the festive season
- In case we are not able to provide the same hotels as mentioned, then we shall provide similar alternate properties, change in the cost if any will be advised.
- In case of Political Unrest, bad weather or sudden breakdown of the vessel we may shift guest to alternative govt ferry and no refund will be entertained during that situation.
- Our Executive may change your itinerary depending on the weather condition and ferry availability same will be update to you daily basis.