4 days / 3 nights
Laos On A Glance
4-day Laos classic tour covers the 2 main cities of Laos that are the capital of Vientiane and the ancient city of Luang Prabang. Some of the highlights includes Buddha Park, Pak Ou caves, Kuang Si waterfalls, and the mighty Mekong river.
- Flight ticket VTE-LPQ DAY 2
- 01 Night accommodation in Vientiane.
- 02 Nights accommodation in Luang Prabang.
- Ground transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Meals: Breakfast at hotel, 03 lunches & 01 welcome dinner with traditional dance and folk song at local restaurant. at local restaurants. (Local food if Indian food requested, the surcharge will be charged case by case)
- Service of local English Speaking Guide
- Tour with entrance fees as specified
- Mineral water during excursion
- All services mentioned in the program
- Accommodation at hotel as mentioned or similar ones (check-in time: 14.00 hrs & check-out time: 12.00hrs).
- Airfare (international and domestic) and airport tax
- Visa handling fee, visa stamp fee.
- Dinks and other meals not clearly mentioned
- Surcharge for special request on food, and meals.
- Insurance, gratuities and personal expenses
- Tipping for guide and driver
- Surcharge for public holidays (if any)
- All other service not stated in the program
- Compulsory dinner for Xmas and New Year Eve: TBA
On arrival at the airport, you will be met and
transferred to check in the hotel.
After a soft rest, we will first visit the major sights of the capital; including the oldest Wat Sisaket, the temple with thousands of miniature Buddha statues and the former royal temple of Wat Prakeo, which previously housed the famous Emerald Buddha Image. On the way to Lao’s national icon, the famous and sacred structure of That Luang Stupa, we stop enroute to take some pictures of the imposing Patuxay Monument, which is well known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph.
End your tour of the capital along the banks of the Mekong River as the sun begins to set. Stroll along the river, stop to enjoy a cold drink, or sample a snack from one of the many local food stalls.
The welcome dinner will be served at the local restaurant with the traditional dance and folk song, the best chance to experience the local culture. Overnight in Vientiane.
Tour included: Private transportation with English speaking guide, entrance fee, welcome dinner with traditional dance and folk song, accommodation.
In the morning, we will first visit Wat Si Muang, which is very famous for its supernatural power. After that drive to Buddha Park which takes around 45 minutes away. On the way, stop and take photos of the Friendship Bridge which was built by the Australian government in 1994 and links Laos and Thailand.
Arrive at Buddha Park and enjoy a stroll around the park. Also known as Xieng Khuan, this unusual park is filled with over 200 Buddhist and Hindu statues. The quiet and tranquil setting along the Mekong River is a contrast to the slightly eccentric sculptures which were built in 1958 by a Laos’s shaman. The concrete sculptures are bizarre but intriguing, sitting majestically in the peaceful park.
After visiting Buddha Park, start the drive back to Vientiane. En route, stop at Mai Savanh to explore the traditional textiles of the Lao people. This shop specializes in high quality silk products and involves several families in their process, from the northern province of Luang Nam Tha Province and the southern provinces of Attapeu and Sekong. (Note: Mai Savanh is closed on Saturday & Sunday)
In the afternoon, visit COPE, an association working to help landmine victims. A visit to the center provides in-depth information about the history of the American/Vietnam war and the lasting impact of unexploded ordinances (UXO) in the area and the efforts underway to clear them.
We then transfer out to take the flight to Luang Prabang. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch.Tour included: Private transportation with English speaking guide for tour, lunch, entrance fee, accommodation
Breakfast at hotel.
In the morning, we embark on a cruise upstream on the Mekong River, which also gives us a breathtaking view of the tranquil countryside, before reaching the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, a 16th century cave monastery filled with thousands of Buddha images, which locates 25 Kilometers North of Luang Prabang in the limestone cliffs overlooking the Mekong river.
In the afternoon, we will drive south to Kuang Si waterfalls, which is the biggest in the Luang Prabang area with three tiers leading to a 50-metre drop into spectacular azure pools before flowing downstream. The pools also make great swimming holes and are very popular with both tourists and locals
We will also take a short visit to the Bear Rescue Center, which houses a couple of dozen animals rescued from the hands of poachers and traffickers.
On the way back to Luang Prabang, we will take a short visit to the Ock Pop Tock Living Craft Center, set serenely close to the Mekong, this beautiful, traditionally styled workshop, where weavers, spinners and batik makers produce top-quality fabrics, offers free tours every half-hour. This is also one of the best spots to admire the sunset in Luang Prabang
Transfer back to your hotel late afternoon. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Meal: Breakfast, lunch.
Tour included: Private transportation with English speaking guide, entrance fee, lunch, accommodation.
Wake up as the sun rises, we will prepare to join the most sacred tradition of Laos, the daily morning alms giving, which dates to the 14th century. More than 200 Buddhist monks depart from various temple to gather their daily meal from the faithful residents sitting quietly on the streets.
From there, we will visit the temporary morning market near the former Royal Palace. Just set on the ground, the local people come here to barter their day’s catch from rice, to vegetable, to fish, or chicken. This is the best way to experience the taste of local life.
After breakfast, we climb up to the top of Mount Phousi for an enjoyable exploration of the sacred, gilded stupa as well as a panoramic sunset view of the city and the Mekong River. From there, you will visit Royal Palace Museum, which was built in 1904 during the French colonial era for King Sisavang Vong and his family.
Your city tour continues with a visit to the magnificent Wat Xiengthong, a superb piece of Lao temple architecture, which presents a sweeping two-tiered roof and ornate mosaics including a beautiful ‘tree of life ‘glass montage on the rear temple wall.
If time permits, we will take a short walk around the small streets of city center, watching the life of local people.
We then transfer out to the airport to take the departure flight.
Meal: Breakfast, lunch.
Tour included: Private transportation with English speaking guide, entrance fee, lunch.
- Above rates are subject to availability.
- Cancellation charges as per company policy.
- The above rates are subject to change in case of travel during the festive season
- In case we are not able to provide the same hotels as mentioned, then we shall provide similar alternate properties, change in the cost if any will be advised.
- In case of Political Unrest, bad weather or sudden breakdown of the vessel we may shift guest to alternative govt ferry and no refund will be entertained during that situation.
- Our Executive may change your itinerary depending on the weather condition and ferry availability same will be update to you daily basis.