The northern regions of Spain are often less spoiled by tourism and less known to foreign visitors, however, the north of Spain boasts some of the most fascinating places in the country - amazing mountainous landscapes to charming beaches, friendly people, top-notch gastronomy and expansive nature preserves. This tour takes you to some of the finest places to visit in Spain for an incredible northern adventure.
Santander: Without a doubt, one of the most elegant and beautiful cities on the northern coast of Spain.
Pintxos: The symbol of Basque gastronomy. Original, tasty tapas/snacks usually accompanied by a small glass of beer (zurito) or wine (txikito). More than food, it is a tradition.
Mercado de la Ribera (Bilbao): A charming produce market in the heart of the old town, alongside Bilbao’s estuary. Built in 1929 and covering 10,000 square metres, it is considered one of the largest indoor markets in Europe.
Assistance on Arrival
Daily Full Breakfast
Hotel Accommodation on twin / double sharing basis.
All tours / activities / shows as per the itinerary
All entrance tickets as per itinerary
All Pick up drops / transfers mentioned in the itinerary
Transport in A/C car / Bus as mentioned
Meals as per the itinerary / included in the itinerary
Car hire conditions
- Applicable local taxes (VAT)
- Unlimited mileage
- Emergency Contact service
- Replacement car in case of accident
- Full-Full petrol rate
- All-inclusive insurance
Air Tickets (International / Domestic)
Visa and Insurance
Suggested optional activities/ tours if any.
Any meals / snacks other than mentioned in the itinerary
Camera Fee and any other entertainment charges
Tips of any kind – Guides, Driver, Cruise Crew, etc.
Portages at airport
Personal Expenses such as Laundry, Telephone etc
Beverages of any kind
Car hire conditions
- Damage to a third party or to the hire vehicle due to negligence or inappropriate driving.
- Loss or damage to aerials, jack, safety triangles and vests, windscreen wipers, petrol cap, luggage covers, or any other fixed or mobile component of the vehicle.
- Damage to the engine through negligence.
- Theft of the vehicle with keys left in the ignition.
- Damage caused to the vehicle or to persons through driving under the Influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Fines due to breaking traffic laws and regulations during the hire period are the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle. In the event of a fine being received there will be an administration charge.
- If the car is left outside of rent a car designated area on drop off, customers will be responsible for any costs generated and for any damage to the vehicle due to it being parked outside of the Rent a Car installations. Each additional driver will incur an additional daily charge
- Any extra equipment (GPS, baby seat etc)
Collect your car upon arrival at the airport by heading to the hall and meeting an OK Rent a Car representative. Then climb into what will be your mode of transportation for this holiday and drive to your first hotel accommodation in Santander, the beautiful capital of Cantabria, where you will spend the two following nights. Overnight in Santander
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before heading out to explore this glamorous city. Santander is, without a doubt, one of the most elegant and beautiful cities on the northern coast of Spain. Both the sea and the mountains are continually present in this city, captivating you with its aristocratic atmosphere, 19th-century buildings, charming outdoor terraces and spectacular bay – considered one of the most beautiful bays in the world! There are several beaches and harbours on the northern side of the city and a charming old quarter. In the 19th century, the city used to be a renowned tourist resort for Spanish politicians, aristocrats and other members of the upper class. The city still contains wonderful palaces and promenades, bay-type architecture with white buildings, old cafés and a famous casino. Overnight in Santander
SANTANDER – SANTILLANA DEL MAR – COMILLAS – SANTANDER (120km – 2h)
Drive to Santillana del Mar after breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a bit of leisure time in this exquisite and charming cobblestoned town. Use the opportunity to visit the famous Cave of Altamira and Museum, renowned for its many prehistoric cave paintings. The museum showcases the work of one of the oldest cave paintings known to man, dating back 13,000 to 22,000 years. Continue to Comillas, a designated historic-artistic site. It has cobbled streets and squares with ancestral houses as well as some modernist buildings, such as the stunning ‘El Capricho’, which was designed by Antoni Gaudi. After that, return to Santander. Overnight in Santander
SANTANDER – BILBAO (100km – 1h30)
Wake up to breakfast at the hotel before saying goodbye to Santander and leaving for Bilbao. Although the capital of the autonomous region of Euskadi – also known as the Basque Country – is Vitoria, the port city of Bilbao is, in fact, the largest of all Basque cities. The renewal of this industrial city has been continuous since the opening of the Guggenheim Museum in 1997, with various projects designed by famous architects, including a new tram system, a subway system designed by Sir Norman Foster, a pedestrian bridge, the Zubizuri bridge by Santiago Calatrava, a jagged glass-fronted public health building, and the reconversion following the indications of well-known designer Philippe Starck of a disused warehouse turned into a public multifunction building, the Alhóndiga. Overnight in Bilbao
BILBAO – GUERNIKA – SAN SEBASTIAN – BILBAO (230km – 3h)
After breakfast at the hotel, drive to the small town of Guernica, famous for Picasso’s well-known black-and-white painting. Continue to the seaside cosmopolitan city of San Sebastian and explore this fabulous city. Enjoy a stroll down the promenade at La Concha beach to the sculpture named ‘El Peine del Viento’ (‘The Comb of the Wind’) from renowned artist Eduardo Chillida. Take the funicular up to the top of Igueldo hill for a panoramic view over the city and try the famous Basque “pintxos” (tapas/snacks) in one of the many bars in the old town. Wrap the day up by returning to Bilbao. Overnight in Bilbao.
BILBAO – SANTANDER AIPORT (100km – 1h30)
Bid farewell to Bilbao after breakfast at the hotel and drive back to Santander airport to drop off the car. You'll be told the return procedure and exact designated area by OK Rent a Car when you pick up the car on arrival day. The OK Rent a Car shuttle service will transfer you to the terminal for you to catch your departure flight back home.
Abba Santander or similar or similar
Bilbao Ercilla Hotel or similar or similar
- Above rates are subject to availability.
- Cancellation charges as per company policy.
- The above rates are subject to change in case of travel during the festive season
- In case we are not able to provide the same hotels as mentioned, then we shall provide similar alternate properties, change in the cost if any will be advised.
- In case of Political Unrest, bad weather or sudden breakdown of the vessel we may shift guest to alternative govt ferry and no refund will be entertained during that situation.
- Our Executive may change your itinerary depending on the weather condition and ferry availability same will be update to you daily basis.
Guide type: Not included
Group type: Shared
Drivers age from 26 to 75 years old (must have had their driver’s licence for a minimum of one year).
Visa or MasterCard credit card for deposit.
A valid driver's licence is required.
The following must be supplied for all passengers: First name, last name, gender, date of birth, passport number, passport expiry date, country of issue